Percy Balemans BTr FCIL CL
English into Dutch, German into Dutch.
Areas of specialisation
Advertising material (transcreation), fashion and beauty, art, travel and tourism.
Some examples of projects and translations I have worked on:
- Transcreation: slogans, radio and TV commercials, brochures and websites for products as varied as fashion, jewellery, cosmetics, design furniture, travel, food, mobile phones and cars
- Articles about jewellery, fashion, art and travel for JFW Magazine
- Texts for the fashion exhibition "The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier" (Kunsthal Rotterdam, 2013)
- Audio guides for Cecilienhof Palace in Potsdam, Neuschwanstein Castle and Hohenschwangau Castle in Bavaria, and the German Gemstone Museum in Idar-Oberstein (Germany)
- Texts about human rights and texts for the exhibition "The Places We Live" (Amsterdam, 2010) for Amnesty International Netherlands
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Translation (BTr), School of Translation and Interpreting, Maastricht (1989)
- Netherlands Association of Interpreters and Translators (NGTV)
- Association of Freelance Professional Translators (VZV)
- Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL)
- American Translators Association (ATA)